“Mhikes” is an app for smartphones or tablets, which offers personalised guidance according to your trip.It will give you a personal, detailed route description and offer GPS tracking or geolocalization. The maps, points of interest and elevation profile can be downloaded at home and used offline during the trip. If you get lost, you will hear a warning sound on your phone. This way you will always stay on the right track.
Mhikes helps you find your way effortlessly and safely on individual bike tours and hikes. Even in the middle of the Corbières or deep in the Ardennes – Massif you will never get lost.
Mhikes is a free, useful service for our individual travellers.
- A smartphone with a relatively recent operating system (Android from version 7, or iOS from Iphone 6 & SE or higher).
- At least 500 Mb of memory
- Download the (free) application from your store (Google Play or App store)
- Authorize what the app requires
- Enter your login on the first page provided by France Ecotours.
- Enter your password on the second page, tick the boxe “France Ecotours” and accept the terms and conditions.
- Download your trip information. You can do this before your departure, at home or in a place connected to high speed internet. Depending on your internet connection, it may take some time (up to a few minutes) to download all the files.
- You can then open and use the downloaded information offline during your journey.
- By activating the voice assistant (in English), you can easily and comfortably follow the routes we have prepared for you.
What if your smartphone is not powerful enough?
In this case, France écotours will provide you with the detailed information in pdf format and the gpx tracks of your tour (readable on your phone or on GPS navigators such as Garmin)
Have you booked an individual walking or cycling holiday with France écotours? Enjoy your trip with complete peace of mind thanks to the Mhikes smartphone application, supplied free of charge with your booking.
*Simple and fun to use, this app offers the following advantages
- A complete Roadbook containing photos, sounds or videos depending on the stage of the trip
- Works offline
- Your route described day by day for more clarity
- Ultra-precise guidance (+/- 0.5 m)
- Precise gpx track on roads or paths
- Audible warning when you leave the track
- Voice guidance possible in sleep mode
- Access to available alternatives to your route
- Complete and geolocalised information on your accommodation, restaurants, museums, etc.
For those thirsting for Medieval Europe, the Albigeois region of southern France boasts preserved bastides, castles, and villages from the 11th and 13th centuries. Hike at your own pace along well marked routes on this historical tour.
Embark on a beautiful bike tour along the Maas river in France and Belgium! Following the “Voie Verte” and the “Voie Ravel” from Haybes-sur-Meuse to Charleville-Mézières, discover lush green landscapes, picturesque towns and some of France’s most beautiful cycling paths.
Perfect family holiday on the Atlantic! This beautiful cycling tour in the bay of Arcachon offers a perfect combination of easy cycling stages, the accompanying scent of pine trees unique landscapes and bathing in the warm and calm sea. The scent of pine trees.
Self-guided hike on the Cathar trail: Discover Southern France’s beautiful landscapes and rich cultural heritage as you make your way from the foot of the Pyrenees to the Mediterranean, passing rolling vineyards, impressive mountains and the majestic Cathar Castles.
Self-guided bike tour along the Canal du Midi: Explore the beautiful canal and its impressive aqueducts, watergates and bridges between Narbonne, Carcassonne and Castelnaudary, and enjoy the laid-back life and culinary delights of Southern France!
Explore the unspoiled Cevennes landscapes in Southern France! Follow the beaten path, allowing you to explore secret routes just off the famous Stevenson Trail while leaning about the region’s history and legends.
Cycle through impressive landscapes and some of the prettiest medieval towns France has to offer, including Villefranche de Rouergue and Najac. The unique cultural programme includes mediaeval bastides, abbeys, churches and a route that takes you through the Lot valley and past the gorges of Aveyron.
This trip takes you on a bike ride along the southern French coast. Secluded lakesides and beaches to bathe in and quiet scenery for your enjoyment. Encounter locals and try regional cuisine on your journey from Bordeaux to Biarritz for a truly eco-friendly natural holiday in France.
A stay specially designed for families with young children. Beginning in Pont-Aven and ending at a seaside resort in the heart of the Breton Riviera, participants get exceptional views of the Breton coast and bath almost every day as they follow well marked hiking trails.
Experience the UNESCO World Heritage Site with its unique Loire castles and their gardens and fountains at your own pace. Our mobile travel app will ensure that you will never stray too far from the itinerary.